The most efficient way of borrowing is to re-mortgage if you own your own home or another property. Re-mortgaging is typically less expensive than bridging finance, however you will need to have income that is sufficient show it is possible to pay for extra repayments.
Just how much you are able to borrow depends upon:
- Your major home’s equity (its current value minus what’s owed on the mortgage that is existing
- Your credit history
- Just how much the proposed enhancement may enhance the property’s value.
Re-mortgaging could be the chance to get a cheaper deal in your loan that is existing as a brand new one. The disadvantage could be the arrangement fee, and this can be several a lot of money.
Make sure you account for any fees and charges for repaying the advance if you decrease the loan or offer the home early.
2. A Property Improvement Loan
These can either be unsecured or secured:
- Secured finance can be used for larger more high priced tasks
- Quick unsecured loans are employed for smaller projects and repaid over a long period, ordinarily at a rate that is fixed of and often as much as ?25,000.
A secured home improvement loan is effectively a second mortgage, so it involves passing the same stringent checks now made on first-time mortgage applicants regarding for existing homeowners